March 9, 2010

Announcement!

A quick post right now before I dig into today's topic. Holly Lisle's courses: How to Think Sideways and How to Revise Your Novel are going to be offered early.

HOW TO THINK SIDEWAYS (my How To Write Your Novel and Build A Writing Career course) was supposed to be closed until June.

HOW TO REVISE YOUR NOVEL was supposed to be closed until November.

But they're both open now!

I strongly recommend that you don't join both at the same time. (There are rumors of heads exploding with students who tried that.)
;)

Seriously, BOTH courses are a lot of work, each uses different skill sets, and they're better approached one at a time than both at once.

I've taken How to Think Sideways. It teaches SO much, but the most valuable lessons I got were How to Find Your Ending and How to Find Great Ideas for Your Book. Oh, and How to Make Your Characters Matter. If you want to see a list of all the lessons, you can find it here.

I'm taking How to Revise Your Novel right now. I mentioned this before, but I revised Shadow Bound on my own about three times. I thought it was done, but it got rejected. (Very polite, personalized rejections, but still.) After I finish this course, I think it may be "the one" that gets me an agent. I can't believe how much more I see in my manuscript. It's unbelievable.

* Both courses apply to ALL genres. You do not need to be working in a specific genre to benefit from them.

* Both courses are "work-at-your-own-pace" with the added benefit of a community of dedicated writers if you choose to make use of it. (Community participation is NOT a required part of the course. The course is complete without it.)

* Both courses are online, with downloadable lessons and a student page that will keep your lessons for you.

* And with either course, you get every upgrade and new addition I make to the course, with no increase in the price you pay, and with no additional charges after you have finished paying.

How to Think Sideways and How to Revise Your Novel have accelerated my writing. They say you need to write a million words to get "really good" at writing. I think these courses will cut it in half.

Think about it.

No comments:

.i2Style{ font:bold 24px Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; font-style:normal; color:#ffffff; background:#67b310; border:0px none #ffffff; text-shadow:0px -1px 1px #222222; box-shadow:2px 2px 5px #000000; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 5px #000000; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 5px #000000; border-radius:90px 10px 90px 10px; -moz-border-radius:90px 10px 90px 10px; -webkit-border-radius:90px 10px 90px 10px; width:96px; padding:20px 43px; cursor:pointer; margin:0 auto; } .i2Style:active{ cursor:pointer; position:relative; top:2px; }