June 20, 2011

Freezer Cooking: Surprisingly Delicious (Yet Convenient)

Our family can't eat a whole lasagna. We can't even eat half of it. So, every time I make it, I put together two smaller lasagnas (in two 9x9 pans) instead of one larger (9x13) pan. I don't cook the noodles ahead of time, I just put a little extra liquid in the sauce. I freeze one pan and cook the other. When we want lasagna again, I pull the frozen pan out in the morning, let it thaw, then bake it at dinnertime. Simple. Easy. And I think it tastes better than the fresh one.

Then I found out I'm not the only person who does this. I mean, there are some people that go all-out. I found this website called FreezerDinner.com run by a homemaker in Utah. She does freezer cooking all the time and has some great recipes on her blog.

I gave some of them a try.










The Chicken Manicotti Recipe was something new and kid-friendly!

Chicken Marengo is a new family favorite. It's like an Italian stew on rice.


So on the nights when dinner is just "throw something in the oven", I get to write!

It's my latest thing. 

No comments:

.i2Style{ font:bold 24px Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; font-style:normal; color:#ffffff; background:#67b310; border:0px none #ffffff; text-shadow:0px -1px 1px #222222; box-shadow:2px 2px 5px #000000; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 5px #000000; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 5px #000000; border-radius:90px 10px 90px 10px; -moz-border-radius:90px 10px 90px 10px; -webkit-border-radius:90px 10px 90px 10px; width:96px; padding:20px 43px; cursor:pointer; margin:0 auto; } .i2Style:active{ cursor:pointer; position:relative; top:2px; }