January 9, 2010

How to Stay Focused on Your Writing

Yes, something I need a little help with. (I'm thoroughly ashamed, though I know that doesn't make it any better.) Today's links will focus on how to get your butt in gear if your mind likes to wander away from your writing.

We'll start with Writers' First Aid where Kristi Holl writes about Inner Critics and Time Wasters. Honestly, I think it's the inner critic that's giving me the most trouble right now. It keeps telling me my books will never be good enough, so why waste time revising. But nearly every manuscript is salvageable, if you know how to do it.

(Wait. Do I know how to do it?)

J.D. Rhoades posted on Murderati about what happens when you lose your rhythm in Rust Never Sleeps.

Boy, I can relate.

1 comment:

Kristi Holl said...

Thanks very much for the mention. 8-) Glad you're enjoying the blog. We're all in this together!

.i2Style{ font:bold 24px Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; font-style:normal; color:#ffffff; background:#67b310; border:0px none #ffffff; text-shadow:0px -1px 1px #222222; box-shadow:2px 2px 5px #000000; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 5px #000000; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 5px #000000; border-radius:90px 10px 90px 10px; -moz-border-radius:90px 10px 90px 10px; -webkit-border-radius:90px 10px 90px 10px; width:96px; padding:20px 43px; cursor:pointer; margin:0 auto; } .i2Style:active{ cursor:pointer; position:relative; top:2px; }