October 4, 2011

Ooey, Gooey Chocolate: A writer's best friend

One of my good Twitter buddies, Shellina has this great recipe blog called The Frugal Flambe. When she tweeted about Sinless Chocolate Lava Cake, well, I didn't waste any time. It was my duty to evaluate the authenticity of this claim.

Being a writer, my muse needs to be bribed every now and then. This was the perfect way to do it.


It looks so innocent in this picture, but don't be fooled.

This is what good books are made of.
After sufficiently downing one of these cakes (I promise it was only one!), I sat down and had a pretty good writing day.

Lesson learned: chocolate in good. Gooey chocolate cake is better.

**Just so you don't overestimate my cooking abilities, this past Sunday I made waffles. Instead of 4 teaspoons of baking powder, I used 4 teaspoons of baking soda. *shudder* Those babies got more bitter with every bite. Don't make that mistake!**

3 comments:

Prue said...

Awesome-looking gooey chocolate :D
Sadly not this writer's best friend. Chocolate gives me migraines.
Now...I wonder if it's possible to do that with something else gooey - caramelly/toffee or something?

Unknown said...

It's gooey because you don't bake it all the way (no eggs in the batter means it's safe to eat). So you could take any regular cake mix and adjust it, I bet. Just keep the leavening as it is and play with the wet-dry ingredients until you have a flavor you like.

Prue said...

Ah! So that's how the centre is kept gooey. How ingenious :)
Enjoy your chocolate and have one for me!

.i2Style{ font:bold 24px Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; font-style:normal; color:#ffffff; background:#67b310; border:0px none #ffffff; text-shadow:0px -1px 1px #222222; box-shadow:2px 2px 5px #000000; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 5px #000000; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 5px #000000; border-radius:90px 10px 90px 10px; -moz-border-radius:90px 10px 90px 10px; -webkit-border-radius:90px 10px 90px 10px; width:96px; padding:20px 43px; cursor:pointer; margin:0 auto; } .i2Style:active{ cursor:pointer; position:relative; top:2px; }